General Manager Operations
Reporting directly to the Managing Director and CEO the successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management of the Company’s Aquaculture Operations including Hatchery, Farm, Harvest and Research and Development activities.
Based in Port Lincoln, SA the position is responsible for providing strong leadership and strategic direction to a group of highly experienced Hatchery, Farm and Research and Development Managers and their teams.
This is a diverse and challenging opportunity for a dedicated and passionate Operations Professional who can provide strong strategic analysis and planning, technical expertise, innovation and leadership to the company’s Aquaculture Operations Group as it moves through its next phase of expansion and growth.
Whilst experience in the agribusiness sector (particularly seafood and aquaculture) would be a strong advantage, our priority is to recruit a highly experienced operations executive who can demonstrate a successful track record and appropriate experience in relevant industry sectors.
Key skills and attributes:
- Appropriate Tertiary Qualifications.
- Commitment to Work Place Health and Safety including a demonstrated ability to establish clear policy and operating procedures and a culture where safety first is a reality and not just a slogan.
- Excellent communication, leadership and planning skills.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills comfortable across all levels of the business from entry level employees to the Boardroom.
- Strong strategic analysis and planning skills including the ability to critically evaluate both operational and financial aspects of the existing business and future expansion plans.
- Evidence of an ability to work cross functionally with other General Managers in a geographically diverse senior leadership team.
- A demonstrated ability to successfully build mutually beneficial relationships with a range of diverse stakeholders including Suppliers, Governments, Regulatory Authorities, Industry Groups, and local communities including regional councils.
- Demonstrated ability to control productivity and quality while ensuring strict adherence to accreditation and regulatory standards.
- The ability to participate in the design and management of Research and Development projects.
- Analytical, strategic and innovative thinking with the drive and energy to build a successful best practice operation.
- Highly developed numeracy and literacy skills with the ability to clearly articulate propositions across a range of diverse stakeholders.
A competitive salary package will be negotiated to attract the right candidate which will include base salary, superannuation, motor vehicle and both short term incentives (annual) and long term (equity) incentives.
Application and Contact:
Applications including a covering letter and CV in Word format should be forwarded to Julie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require further information about the role before making application, please contact Julie Smith on + 61 436 408 472.