General Manager Sales
Global Role based in Australia
Reporting directly to the Managing Director & CEO you will be a key member of the Executive Management team with responsibility for the organisation’s Global sales within this rapidly expanding business. There is a strong preference for this position to be based in Melbourne, however the company would consider Sydney or Adelaide for the right candidate, if required.
This is a diverse and challenging opportunity for a dedicated and passionate Sales Professional who can provide the strategic thinking, planning, executional excellence, innovation and leadership to the company’s sales group as it seeks further growth in Australia, Europe, North America and Asia.
Given this is a Global role, the General Manager of Sales will be required to undertake travel, both domestically and overseas on a regular basis.
Experience with Premium Food or Wine (and in particular Premium Seafood) distributed through High End Foodservice Channels in both Australia and International markets would be highly desirable. However, our priority is to recruit the best possible candidate with a successful track-record selling products through distribution channels in markets that could be clearly demonstrated to be relevant and appropriate for the requirements of this role.
Key skills and attributes:
The successful candidate will be a robust and flexible individual capable of leading a diverse and complex global network comprising Company Sales Teams, Regional Sales Agents and Strategic Partners. You will be a team oriented self-starter with excellent communication and relationship building abilities, strong negotiation skills, professionalism, drive, enthusiasm and resilience. Other key skills and attributes include:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications would be desirable.
- Ability to thrive in a relatively small company requiring both a “hands on” but structured and strategic approach.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate propositions to a range of diverse stakeholders.
- Financially literate with a highly developed attention to detail across all aspects of the role.
- Strong inter-personal skills with a demonstrated capacity to successfully communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders across a broad socio- economic spectrum, multiple geographies and different cultures.
- Language skills (French, German, Spanish or Mandarin) would be beneficial.
- Strong strategic analysis and planning skills including the ability to critically evaluate both operational and financial aspects of the existing business and future expansion plans.
- Evidence of an ability to work cross functionally with other General Managers in a geographically diverse senior leadership team.
- A demonstrated ability to successfully build mutually beneficial relationships with a range of diverse stakeholders.
- Analytical, strategic and innovative thinking with the drive and energy to build a successful best practice operation.
A competitive salary package will be negotiated to attract the right candidate which will include base salary, superannuation, motor vehicle and both short term (annual) incentives and long term (equity) incentives.
Application and Contact:
Applications including a covering letter and CV in Word format should be forwarded to Julie Smith at email@example.com
If you require further information about the role before making application, please contact Julie Smith on + 61 436 408 472.