Fish Health Assistant
We currently have a vacancy for a Fish Health Assistant who will work alongside the Fish Health Department, and as part of the team, will contribute to ensure the highest standard of fish health support to our farmed Salmon production sites in the UK.
The successful candidate will report to the Fish Health Managers and will assist with the company wide responsibility of Fish Health. Although based in one location, cover for all of our sites will be expected as and when required.
The role and main responsibilities will include but will not be limited to assist the Fish Health Managers with the following:
- Monitoring the health status of all fish stocks in both freshwater and seawater stage
- Providing a rapid on site diagnostic services in line with Company strategies
- Producing regular reports
- Ensure best practice in fish health and welfare are followed at all times.
- Experience in aquaculture (preferably within fish health) and/or a degree in a relevant subject (aquaculture, marine biology, etc.),
- Excellent IT and good quality reporting skills,
- Flexible with working hours and days and readiness to travel across all our locations within the UK. A Full UK Driving Licence is essential due to the remote locations of our sites,
- Well organised and self-motivated but also with the ability to work as part of a team,
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
In return for your commitment, hard work and dedication we offer excellent terms and conditions, including; competitive salary, bonus scheme, company pension, salary sacrifice schemes and a generous holiday entitlement. A relocation package may be available for the right candidate.
If you feel you have the necessary attributes to successfully fulfil this position and contribute to a progressive, results orientated company, then please apply by Thursday 21 December 2017.