Part time Executive Chair of IFFO RS Governance Board
The IFFO RS Governance Board (GB) wish to appoint a Chair to preside over its meetings and to work with the London based secretariat to ensure the decisions of the Board, including the agreed strategy and budget are delivered.
In addition to chairing the GB meetings, the Chair is expected to work at an Executive level with the secretariat. It is expected that this will take around 80 days a year and require monthly visits to the London office.
Upwards to GB (of which the appointee will be a member) and downwards via the head of operations to a small London-based team and secretariat
Roles and duties
- To chair the regular GB Meetings
- To provide leadership to the GB and to the secretariat team Line management responsibility for the Head of Operations
- Ensure that the GB Articles and Terms of Reference are upheld
- To become a formal Director of IFFO RS Ltd
- Ensure that timely reports, including financial reports, are submitted to the relevant authorities
- To work with the secretariat to implement the strategy and decisions agreed by the GB including the Budget
- Proven management track record of achievement, preferably in the seafood industry
- Business development, including strategic planning and new project implementation
- Experience of aquaculture/fishery supply chains worldwide, knowledge of Asia would be an advantage
- Understanding of seafood certification landscape, key players and market trends (BAP, ASC, MSC, ISEAL etc)
- Knowledge of applied fisheries management would be advantageous International experience having the personal skills for cross-cultural success at a high level
- Providing strategic direction and leadership, including at board level
- Effective team leader with an ability to manage change
- Able to gain respect from key stakeholders and build effective relationships
- Creative hands-on approach to problem-solving, e.g. building organisational capacity
Frequent overseas travel will be necessary (3 or 4 trips a year)
Ability to work in English essential and other languages would be advantageous
This will be based on a per diem rate and paid monthly against a submitted invoice. The rate will be agreed with the successful applicant and will be dependent on experience. Expenses, including travel to the London office, will be met.