R&D Manager/TAC (Technology Application Center) Manager
In 2015 Cargill acquired one of the world’s biggest feed producers, EWOS. Following the acquisition, Cargill gathered all its aqua feed activities into one new group called Cargill Aqua Nutrition (CQN), present in 20 countries and with headquarter in Bergen, Norway. This role will focus on CQN’s activities in Norway and Scotland (North Sea).
Cargill Aqua Nutrition (CQN) North Sea will strengthen the capacity and capability for implementing new technologies as part of our Customer Focused Development. The purpose of this position is to lead the local R&D work streams, focusing on the assessment of new salmon feed components and the documentation of feed performance.
The person holding this position will:
- plan and budget local Technology Application (TA) trials according to prioritization by the regional Marketing Management
- design trial protocols and manage the trial portfolio conducted at the regional application center(s)
- analyze and report results to the regional Marketing Management
- coordinate trials and optimize research capacity, quality and impact using internal, customer and commercial R&D facilities
- be part of the Regional Technology Application Center Steering Team and a link with the Global Technology Application Center Lead
- leverage external resources and seek opportunities for external funding where appropriate
- enhance the scientific excellence and rigor of the trials conducted by the regional
50% Technology Application Center Research Oversight
Monitor and manage the regional trial portfolio. Implement the trial portfolio approved by the Technology Application Center Steering Team. Bring scientific excellence and rigor to the trials conducted at the application center. Write trial protocols, follow-up trial/experiments, coordinate sample analyses, compilation of all experimental data matrices, statistical analyses and trial reporting.
30% Develop R&D capacity and capability
Manage the available resources at the application center (trial supervisors, operational/technical and support staff). Ensure optimized usage in the most efficient way to develop technology at the application center adhered to budget.
Moreover, this position will be responsible for the development of new R&D sites and personnel training in collaboration with partners.
10% Implementation of common processes
Ensures common CQN trial processes are implemented at the regional application center. Responsible for collecting and uploading all trial reports and presentations into the global R&D database in order to ensure leverage across regions.
10% Support Development of New Technology Application Centers
In proposing new sites, this position may participate as a subject matter expert in the development of new application centers.
- Master of Science in aquaculture, animal nutrition or related field.
- Research & Development Experience (at least 5 year) in managing and conducting nutrition trials
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams and prioritize tasks of different simultaneously running projects.
- Good communication skills (in English and Norwegian) both oral and written are expected to interact with international teams
- PhD (or MSc with equivalent working experience in R&D)
- Background or experience in statistics, nutrition, health, and feed production
- Experience in coordinating a team to conduct several tasks as part of a common goal
- Ability to lead people to accomplish trial portfolio goals
- Must be the safety champion at the application centers in the region
- Connection with universities and research institutes involved in aquaculture in the region is desirable as this position is expected to foster open innovation
Expected to travel and visit the application centers in the region on a regular basis
In Cargill office in Bergen, Norway, or Westfield, Scotland
This position is an opportunity for the right candidate to participate in the final stage of product development in a world leading aqua feed player, and Cargill will offer good conditions for this candidate
For questions or further information contact recruiter, Daria Galkina, email@example.com or Hiring Manager, Sigurd K. Tonheim, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Research and Development
Primary Location NO-12-Bergen
Other Locations United Kingdom-Scotland-Westfield