Reporting to the Farm Director, the site manager will hold operational responsibility for 1 large pen group of striped seabass (Morone saxatilis) grow-out. They will ensure the efficient running of day to day farm activities including: fish husbandry, feeding, grading, diving and harvesting operations.
- Coordinating and directing farm employees in areas such as: feeding, grading, harvesting and diving.
- Uphold Pacifico´s farming best practice to ensure compliance with governmental and quality standard requirements.
- Responsible for primary health surveillance of farm stock and coordinating with the fish health department.
- Utilizing their wealth of aquaculture knowledge, the candidate will train farm staff in aquaculture best practice.
- Previous managerial experience in a large finfish (cage) aquaculture company is essential, the successful applicant will have the experience of at least 3 years or 2 full grow-out cycles.
- It is also expected that the suitable candidate will have a very proactive hands-on approach as the role will predominantly be on site and operations focused.
- The candidate must be an effective communicator with the ability to motivate staff and develop a strong team.
- A professional diving qualification is advantageous as the candidate will be required to manage diving operations.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience with farm management software such as fishtalk or aquamanager is desirable.
- Should be fluent in Spanish or English, and proficiency in both languages is highly desirable. The company is willing to assist the candidate with language training.
Please email the following information to email@example.com
A cover letter outlining how your skills, experience and knowledge directly address the responsibilities and requirements detailed in the job specification. You should include information on your salary expectations.
A Copy of your current CV. Please ensure that all documents are sent in Word or PDF format with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV”.