Operational Quality Senior Consultant
At Cargill, we strive to be the best choice in animal nutrition solutions. Cargill is a leading supplier of salmon feed, distributed under the EWOS brand. With a strong focus on research and innovation, we provide the scientifically validated feed products our customers need to support all stages of salmon production. Our continual drive to develop the most sustainable, most innovative products in the industry is matched by our long track record of helping salmon producers succeed.
This role will focus on the development and implementation of analysis methodology enabling in-line measurement and at-line measurement of the compositional quality of feed ingredients and finished feed across the CQN (Cargill Aqua Nutrition) North Sea Region based across three sites in Norway and one in Scotland.
The successful candidate will also develop systems and reports on the compositional quality of ingredients and finished feed, thereby facilitating timely measurement and response to, correction of, quality variations. In addition you will support operational staff in the region by routine generation of compositional quality reports on ingredients and feed, thereby enabling efficient formulation and verification of supply of feed quality according to market requirements. You will also support and lead continuous improvement initiatives within operations across all sites.
- Development and support implementation of in-house methods and technology for determining composition of ingredients and feed across all four sites
- Provision of support in the routine control and improvement of feed compositional quality across for the region
- Collation and analysis of feed quality data, and generation of internal and customer reports verifying the compositional quality of finished feed manufactured for each site
- Internal audit support to verification of compliance with the regional Integrated Quality Management System
- Lead, support and report on continuous improvement initiatives
- Further education qualification from a university or college (degree or equivalent) in a science or engineering based subject
- Advanced Project Management skills
- Able to deliver and improve processes that are aligned, effective, and optimize resources.
- Knowledge of plant manufacturing processes and operations.
- Working knowledge of Quality Standards & Quality Tools and the ability to apply the knowledge to enhance feed quality
- Able to apply auditing and quality compliance skills to identify and manage risks and compliance
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and cross-functional team
- Proficient in verbal and written communication in both English and Norwegian
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge of NIR (Near infrared spectroscopy) statistics model would be preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of general statistical methods and tools for continuous improvements
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then please send us your CV and cover letter in English outlining your interest and suitability for this position.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill