Nutreco invests in innovative companies and technologies through Nutreco, its strategic innovation's arm. The purpose of Nutreco is to accelerate product or service innovation for its existing businesses and to create new revenue streams from highly sustainable and innovative businesses in the protein / fat value chain including aquaculture farming.
The Investment Director - Aquaculture is responsible for negotiating minority joint ventures participations related to innovative and more sustainable fish or shrimp farming, and for representing Nutreco in the management of these companies. In this position you will report directly to the Chief Innovation Officer of Nutreco.
- You have a good understanding of Nutreco's overall strategy as well as the strategy of Skretting in order to assess the potential added value of investment opportunities identified for Nutreco
- You generate and manage the lead flow of investment opportunities by identifying and approaching the related stakeholders
- You assess investment opportunities with the prospect of creating minority joint ventures (jv). The assessment will encompass several dimensions such as:
- the technical, business-risk and sustainability aspect of implementing such innovative technologies
- the cultural fit with potential JV partner(s)
- the capital requirements and related financial case (DCF model)
- the potential benefit of Skretting, the aquaculture feed division of Nutreco, from participating in such JV
- You are responsible for drafting investment teasers submitted for approval to the Executive Board of Nutreco and you will drives the negotiation for a JV participation
- You will be accountable for drafting an investment proposal
- You will manage the subsequent Nutreco participations in the JVs, including board positions
Qualifications & Expertise
- University degree in finance / economics
- Minimal 5 years of experience within finance / investments in aquaculture
- Good understanding of the biological / environmental risks in aquaculture and potential mitigation actions
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented, resourceful, ability to analyse information and independently and proactively recommend corrective actions
- Negotiation and collaboration skills
- Able to present JV investment cases in concrete and simple proposals for Nutreco / SHV decision making
- Result oriented, effective in a network organization, good internal / external communication, ability to work in a demanding environment, simultaneously dealing with multiple projects, activities and senior stakeholders
- Strong drive for results
- Independently working
- Fluent in English, both verbal and in writing. A good understanding and practicing of Spanish or Norwegian is a preference
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Ensure Focused & Consistent Performance
- Network Leadership
- Plan for Future Success
- Find New Ways
Nutreco offers a broad, independent management position with challenging tasks at the core of our business. You will be working in an international setting with highly skilled professionals. We offer a pleasant and informal working environment with great focus on collaboration across units and countries. There will be excellent opportunities to further develop your professional and personal capabilities and pursue a career internationally. Nutreco further offers an attractive salary and benefit package.
The position will be located in Stavanger, Norway
For detailed information about this position, please contact Stian Gundersen +47 466 22 488 or Karoline Olsen +47 934 13 531
All inquiries will be treated confidentially.
Reaching out of other third parties towards Nutreco will not be appreciated.