Feed Manager - Aquaculture (Large-Scale Tilapia Cage Farming)
The company operates a large-scale tilapia cage farming, processing, distribution and sales business in Ghana and is seeking to employ a dynamic and energetic Feed Manager to oversee feeding and feed performance.
The Feed Manager will be responsible for achieving the company’s FCR and feed budget targets in all nursery and grow-out facilities in order to effectively take production from 10,000 to 30,000 tonnes per annum.
The successful candidate must have proven experience in large-scale farming operations with an emphasis on strong leadership and management, planning, scheduling, analytic and communication skills (in English). In addition to an academic background (minimum of a B.Sc. or equivalent academic qualification in aquaculture or fisheries science), experience is essential in order to determine optimum feeding rates in a dynamic and constantly changing tropical freshwater ecosystem. The Feed Manager will report to the Production Manager.
- Meet FCR and growth targets
- Feed budgeting and forecasting
- Perfect the use of the company’s feed management software
- Accurate data collection
- Feeders’ incentives tied to performance
- Compilation of feeding charts for weekly feed recommendations
- Scheduling of shifts
- Feed inventory management
- Feed logistics (delivery to feeders)
- Feed security
- Automate where appropriate
- Feed trials and testing
- Liaise with feed suppliers
- Staying up to date with advances in the feed industry
From US$80,000 per annum - commensurate with experience and capability. Participation in an attractive bonus scheme based on company performance.
15 September, 2018