Saltwater Production Area Manager
Cermaq Canada is seeking to fill the permanent full time role of Area Manager to our West Coast Saltwater Operations area based out of Tofino.
As an Area Manager you will oversee up to 6 seasite farms, providing leadership, overall management and direction in all aspects of Saltwater salmon production. Under the direction of the Regional Production Manager, your goal is to ensure production remains within our financial and biological targets.
- Under the supervision of the Regional Production Manager, you will lead and direct biological financial and production goals, monitoring results and adjusting productions schedules to maximize performance and ensure production remains within our biological and financial targets.
- This role oversees the preparation of our sites for receiving smolts, and maintaining the continuity of operations by ensuring sites have the resources required to meet production targets.
Position Requirements and Details:
- The ability to gain a solid understanding of Cermaq Canada’s policies and procedures
- University degree in Biological Science or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a management role in the aquaculture industry with a focus on fin fish production.
- A safety-orientated mindset with proven teamwork and interpersonal communication skills
- Flexible scheduling arrangement, a competitive salary and a corporate bonus program.
- Company paid benefits including Extended Health Care, BC Medical Services Plan, Dental and Vison Car, AD&D Insurance. Matching RRSP’s.
- Prerequisites to hiring include a physical fitness test, criminal record check and reference checks.
- An assisted living allowance or staff accommodation will be provided
If you feel that you could contribute your qualifications to fill this important role within our company, please forward your resume in writing, quoting, “Area Manager” in the subject line to email@example.com, by September 30, 2018.
Cermaq Canada is an equal opportunities employer who provides a workplace that is free of discrimination.