Fleet Manager - Al Wusta Fishery Industries
Dimensions of the role:
Al Wusta Fishery Industries (AWFI) is a new private fishing company established in the Sultanate of Oman with the key objectives of developing a pelagic fishing fleet in the Arabian Sea and Indian Ocean.
AWFI is now seeking to engage an experienced pelagic Fleet Manager to commence operations. The Fleet Manager will be responsible for AWFI fleet operations on a day-to-day basis, reporting to the senior company management.
Purpose of the job:
- Lead the fleet operations from a shore based perspective in the most efficient way to optimize the fleet performance and obtain smooth running of the operations and exchange flows in the company
- Lead and coordinate the interactions between crew, fishing operations, unloading and logistics of catch to export
- Optimizing port calls of the vessels – fuelling, provisions, maintenance, etc.
- Being accountable for organising local purchases
- Managing local support staff and accounts
- Ensuring the coordination between the different interlocutors: port agents, expatriated crews, technicians, port authorities, customs, logistics
- Coordinating the technical stops with technical services
Experience, Knowledge, Competences and Skills required:
- Educated to degree level in a commercial school or university with a minimum of 10 years professional experience in the fishing sector
- A minimum of 5 years senior management experience which has required the operational management of a team
- Good knowledge of the operational issues associated with the fishing and handling of small pelagic species – actual involvement in a pelagic fishing company advantageous
- Good organizational skills, analytical approach, including ability to deliver technical and financial forecast, strong reporting capability
- Ability to prepare budgetary information for inclusion in the overall company’s operational budgets
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, ability to influence, and manage a multicultural team
- Fluent English required
- Strategic thinking, excellent ability to anticipate events and react with flexible approach at 360°
- Natural leadership
- Ability to develop partnerships
- Strong decision making process and ability to involve both senior management and team members in the process
- Result oriented with good capacity to learn and to develop personally and other members within the team
A full competitive package is available and remuneration will reflect relevant to experience and availability of the applicant.
CVs should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than the 7th September, 2018.
All applications will be treated in the utmost confidence and will not be shared or transmitted to third parties, and references may only be taken for applicants who are successful and whom AWFI are actively seeking to engage.