Skretting is a global leader in providing innovative and sustainable nutritional solutions and services for the aquaculture industry. Skretting has production facilities in 18 countries on five continents to manufacture and deliver high quality feeds from hatching to harvest for more than 60 species. The total annual production volume of feed is close to 2.5 million tonnes. Our mission is Feeding the Future.
Skretting Aquaculture Research Centre (ARC) is the global research organisation for Skretting. The research centre is based in Stavanger, Norway, and has further research units in Australia, China, Chile, Ecuador, Egypt, Italy, Japan, and Zambia.
Skretting ARC employs an international team of over 120 highly skilled specialists, supported by a substantial annual investment in advanced R&D. We collaborate with over 60 research institutes and private companies across the globe. Core competencies are nutrition, health, feed production and research methodologies.
For more information visit www.skretting.com
Global Process Engineer
Skretting ARC is looking for an experienced Global Process Engineer with excellent communication and collaboration skills. In this role you will be a key player in the further development and optimisation of our fast growing manufacturing operation worldwide.
- Execute production & process audits at our operating companies worldwide to improve plant performance with a focus on throughput, availability, yield and feed quality.
- Develop, document, implement and maintain operational standards in aquafeed production to ensure operational excellence in existing and future Skretting plants.
- Develop, test and implement innovative solutions that increase our production efficiency and improves our capability to produce novel products and concepts.
- Interact with investment teams to give advice and support in large investment projects.
- Communication of key improvement areas related to feed manufacturing to business unit management.
- Guiding the local organisations in the follow-up and implementation of issued recommendations.
- Provide onsite and offsite technical support and training to all Skretting plants world-wide.
- Support and guide our network of Process Engineers from all Skretting operating companies in the sharing and defining of best practice and local implementation of new concepts and technologies.
Background and competencies:
- A MSc in Feed or Food Manufacturing, Process Technology, Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 3 year experience in the optimisation of manufacturing processes, preferably in the aquafeed, animal feed or pet food production industry.
- In depth knowledge about a number of feed production operations such as dosing, mixing, grinding, extrusion, pelleting, drying, coating and cooling.
- Proven track record in the optimisation of feed manufacturing processes.
- Excellent influencing and communication skills.
- Innovative mind-set.
- A hands-on and target oriented mentality.
- Ability to build trust and goodwill among people with different cultural backgrounds.
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
- Join a well-established group of Process Engineers and Feed Manufacturing Researchers.
- Closely interact with our production operations world-wide.
- Work in a progressive and highly innovative environment.
We offer a challenging position with ample possibilities for professional growth and competitive benefits. We also support and encourage extracurricular sport, health and cultural activities.
Working location is Stavanger, Norway. Stavanger is located in the beautiful south of Norway with easy international connectivity and high quality international schooling. Working language is English.
You should have the ability and willingness to travel internationally to all continents. A travel activity of 40 to 60 days per year is to be expected.
For further information about the position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is 31 August 2019