Atlantic Sapphire is seeking a Biological Controller to join their operations in Miami. This position will be responsible for the control, management and analysis of key performance indicators, and long and short-term production planning from egg to harvest. This exciting and challenging position will require strong interdisciplinary knowledge of salmon biology, water quality, the production process in a RAS facility, and strong computer skills.
Atlantic Sapphire is searching for someone who acts on their own initiative, makes things happen and have a systematic approach. Quickly understands and analyses complex issues and problems, and comes up with sound and rational judgements. Someone who demonstrates specialist knowledge and expertise in their area and participate in continuous professional development, and have the ability to challenge our methods and work for continuous improvement. Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way and present effectively. Cooperates well with others and share knowledge, experience and information, as well as being self-motivated and able to work independently.
Main responsibilities in this job:
- Monitor and optimize Fish and Feed Performance
- Productions planning, forecasting and budgeting support
- Biological control and reporting
- Benchmarking, analysis, and driving fish performance across with Water Quality
- Unitary cost analysis, cost projection and link performance data with finance
- Feed Management
- Preferably 5 years’ experience in Atlantic salmon aquaculture with emphasis in RAS.
- Understanding of biological planning, RAS systems and production modeling.
- Exceptional planning skills.
- Experience with FishTalk or similar platforms are desirable.
- Experience with Power BI or similar platforms are desirable.
- Exceptional data process and analysis skills
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel and Outlook)
Atlantic Sapphire offers the right candidate:
- A challenging position in the world's largest landbased bluehouse company
- Personal and professional development
- Competitive terms
Atlantic Sapphire is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to create and inclusive environment for all employees. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, familial status, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.