Our Parramatta Creek Processing and Smokehouse facility is located 15 minutes from Devonport in North West Tasmania, and processes all of the Salmon and Ocean Trout that we farm in Tasmania. From here, product is distributed across Tasmania, Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
Our Processing facility is located in the North West of the State - the gateway to some of Tasmania's most beautiful natural places, including classic coastal drives, food trails, stunning national parks, beautiful nature reserves and cool temperate rainforest. Our Processing facility is located 3 and a half hours drive from Hobart, the state’s capital, and one hours’ drive from Launceston in the state’s north.
Reporting to the Deputy CEO, the National Processing Manager will have primary responsibility for the overall management and production of fresh and value added salmon and trout products for domestic and export distribution. Based at our state of the art Processing facility at Parramatta Creek, near Devonport, Tasmania, this is a great opportunity to join our leadership team. You will be responsible for leading and managing our Production, Quality Assurance and Maintenance teams, with an emphasis on ensuring business efficiencies, increasing productivity, continuous improvement, managing implementation processes and ensuring adherence to WHS, Food Safety and Environmental requirements. There will be regular travel between Tasmania and our smaller processing facility in Ingleburn, NSW.
It is an inherent requirement of this position that work be performed safely whilst upholding Huon’s Values. You will be a highly motivated person who leads by example and upholds Huon’s commitment to innovation and best practice. The ideal applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in business management, food science, or other related discipline and significant relevant experience of a minimum of 7 years’ in Food Processing management, including budget, regulatory and certification compliance;
- Well-developed management capabilities which allow efficient monitoring of production operations and ensure all safety regulatory requirements are met;
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and develop a diverse team;
- Demonstrated experience in management of budgets, forecasting and planning;
- Solid organisational skills and the ability to manage a variety of projects at one time;
- Well-developed communication, leadership, analysis and presentation skills;
- Proven ability to make sound, informed decisions and build robust and meaningful relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Detailed knowledge of WHS, Food Safety and Environmental regulations which relate to Food Processing;
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and be flexible in working on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Demonstrated ability to make sound and informed decisions.
Huon Aquaculture is an ‘Employer of Choice’ and innovative industry leader who offers all our employees access to ongoing training opportunities, corporate health insurance benefits and discounts on Huon products. Remuneration for this role is dependent on knowledge and/or experience.
Applications close Sunday 3rd November 2019
Preferred candidates are subject to a pre-employment medical and a urine based drug test.
Apply online here