Do you want to create the future of salmon farming?
At Cermaq Group we are constantly working to improve the way we farm salmon. We now have a vacancy as an Innovation Analyst associated with the R&D department. Here we assist our companies in Chile, Canada and Norway in identifying and solving production challenges, leading or participating in research and innovation projects and conducting feasibility studies. The rate of development in salmon farming is formidable, and we have an interdisciplinary approach to innovation.
- In collaboration with salmon farmers, biologists and engineers contribute to development of production plans, and design and dimensioning of new aquaculture facilities both on land and at sea
- Optimize production, including the use of simulation models
- Assist in digitizing several of Cermaq's production processes
- Develop tools to optimize feed and feed choices, under changing production conditions, market and public regulations
Qualifications and characteristics
- The successful candidate must show a well-developed quantitative, analytical and creative approach to his/her work
- Minimum master’s degree in technological subjects such as industrial economics, cybernetics, marine engineering, process engineering, innovation and entrepreneurship or a master’s degree in biology, such as aquaculture
- Experience from project-based work is an advantage, such as project leadership in process optimization or innovation projects. Recent graduates are nevertheless encouraged to apply
- Familiarity with the use of optimization tools and understanding of dynamic systems
- Experience and knowledge of aquaculture are advantages, but are not required
- We are looking for a person who is unafraid, likes to work in teams and has good communication skills
- Opportunity to contribute to the global development of aquaculture, an important factor in achieving UN's sustainable development goals
- Member of a professional and highly qualified international R&D team
- Challenging and ambitious tasks
- Competitive terms
The working language is Norwegian and English and the workplace is Oslo. For questions about the position, contact Innovation Manager: Bendik Fyhn Terjesen (+47 40 45 78 74; firstname.lastname@example.org) or Head of R&D: Olai Einen (+47 45 86 61 51, email@example.com)
All information from the candidates will be treated confidentially and in accordance with regulations (GDPR). Interviews can be done in both English and Norwegian.
Send an application by e-mail to HR Manager Elisabeth Fjeldstad firstname.lastname@example.org (+47 91 83 77 23) by October 27, 2019.