Do you want to join our global fish health research team?
Cermaq aspires to be a world leader in preventive fish health and fish welfare, and we therefore have a comprehensive R&D activity on these topics. Our global R&D team supports Cermaq fish health professionals in Canada, Chile and Norway with advice and a variety of other activities.
We now strengthen our staff and look for a researcher for our team in Bergen (located at the University of Bergen). You will work with Cermaq's companies in Norway, Chile and Canada and collaborate with academic institutions. The tasks will be varied; laboratory work, field work, analysis, reporting and presentations. The position is global, and we work with issues in all our production areas from Punta Arenas in the south to Hammerfest in the north. The position reports to R&D Manager Fish Health.
We encourage both newly graduated and more experienced candidates to apply. Some tasks can be adjusted according to experience.
- Lead and participate in planning and implementation of large and small projects in collaboration with the production companies and external research partners
- Advice and support to fish health personnel in the production companies
- Laboratory work: sampling, qPCR, PCR, sequencing, bacteriology and histology etc.
- Field work - sampling of fish, collection of environmental samples etc.
- Analyze and present results internally and at international conferences
- Reporting and publishing internally and in peer-reviewed scientific journals
Qualifications and characteristics
- Fish health biologist / veterinarian or equivalent at a master's or PhD level
- Good knowledge about salmon production is a great advantage, but new graduates are also encouraged to apply
- Experience with laboratory work and/or diagnostics and sampling from the field as well as courses in handling experimental animals.
- Good quantitative understanding and skills in experimental design and statistics are positive
- Experience from project-based work is an advantage, and project management experience in R&D projects is also a plus.
- We are looking for an enterprising person who enjoys working in teams with a strong commitment to fish health and welfare.
- Challenging and varied task in an international group that puts sustainability, fish health and animal welfare at the forefront.
- Good development opportunities in a professional and highly qualified international R&D team
- Competitive terms
The working language is Norwegian and English and the workplace is Bergen. For questions about the position, contact R&D Manager Henrik Duesund (+47 977 16 933), or Head of Global R&D, Olai Einen (+47 458 66 151)
Application with CV should be sent to HR Manager Elisabeth Fjeldstad firstname.lastname@example.org (+47 91 83 77 23) by October 27, 2019.