Technical Client Director
Job description for Technical Client Director- Europe:
As a ‘Technical Client Director’ in Aker BioMarine you will report to the Vice President for Sales/ EMEA and Oceania. The position will function in a matrix with other internal business units such as R&D, Finance, Logistics and Marketing. The primary tasks are to indentify and grow new markets and develop established customers. In order to succeed in this position, we believe the right candidate must have good abilities in building confidence and trust with other people, which also requires both education and a thorough understanding of biology.
The position as ‘Technical Client Director’ will focus especially on the countries in Europe, and interact occasionally together with the Vice President for Sales/ EMEA and Oceania, who leads our sales in Aquaculture in these regions. In order to reach commercial goals, the ‘Technical Client Director’ will spend a lot of time with customers and be present at client’s facilities to learn their needs, secure excellent implementation and create customer value. Since the main regional focus for this position is the European area, we keep an open mind regarding receiving applications from candidates that live in the region or elsewhere in Europe.
As a ‘Technical Client Director’ with competence in the field of biology you will be a part of a highly skilled team of Masters Degree and PhD level biologists working across different units and business areas within Aker BioMarine. We invest heavily in science and our people to reach world class competence in our field of expertise.
Technical Client Director’s primary tasks:
Your key task is to use your deep knowledge in biology and food ingredients to develop your customers products and create value together with their key personnel.
- Develop and strengthen relations with key business partners and customers
- Business and product development together with key customers
- Presentations and sales meetings with prospective clients
- Prepare offers and sales materials for clients
- Educate and train our customer’s representatives on Aker BioMarine’s range of products
- Participate in leading trade shows and conferences within the industry
- Develop internal information, reporting, estimate future results
- Competitor monitoring and knowledge of industry development
Aker BioMarine will make sure the ‘Technical Client Director’ receives sufficient training.
Education & experience:
We believe a candidate with this background match this position:
- Master’s Degree in Biology or equivalent proven experience
Candidates with additional education from business,
animal nutrition or similar will be considered
- Good commercial abilities and interest in biology and nutrition
- Excellent standard of business English, both written and verbal
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office
The following will be considered as positive for the applicant:
- Experience with selling to feed producers or relevant industries
- Established network within the industry
- Experience in international sales, business and/or research
- Spanish, Italian, French or Greek language skills
- Experience with Southern-European cultures
- Understanding of logistics and delivery processes
The following describes you as person:
You act on your own initiative, make things happen and take responsibility for the results. You identify technical and commercial opportunities and have a strong positive impact on business development and profits. You are able to build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilise it to achieve objectives. You have the ability to understand and analyse complex issues or problems quickly, and come up with rational judgements. You demonstrate specialist knowledge in your area of expertise and participate in continuous professional development. Last but not least: You communicate in a clear, precise and structured way, speak with authority and conviction and effectively present.
Aker BioMarine offers the right candidate:
- Full-time, permanent position as Technical Client Director- Europe
- Competitive fixed salary
- Insurance and pension accordingly to company standards
- Career opportunities within a company in a state of growth
- The European continent as your working environment
- Training and personal development
Aker BioMarine AS is head-quartered in Oslo, Norway. We prefer candidates who are willing to stay permanently in the area, but for this position we are open minded regarding where in Europe the candidate operates from, if there is a perfect match between the position and candidate.
Aker BioMarine have selected Seafood People to lead the recruitment process. Please contact them directly for more information or questions.
Jørgen Aase Bjørsvik
Advisor Seafood People
Senior Advisor Seafood People