As production manager for Arnarlax you will be in charge of and responsible for the biological production in the company. You will need to be able to plan systematically, be a good coach and closely follow the biological production. The position reports to the CEO of Arnarlax. There are approximately 50 people working within the biological departments of the company. You will work closely with the CEO and different site managers on a daily basis.
Your tasks will be:
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees and that as a minimum the whole business meets the standards set out in the Group Health & Safety policy.
- You will have a “living” operational strategy that reflects the overall business strategy.
- Achieve the highest food safety and quality standards that are embedded throughout the business.
- Ensure that the appropriate team structures are in place, and are resourced by the right quality of people who reflect the Arnarlax Values and the needs of the business.
- Ensure that the training and development of individuals is owned by the operational teams to enable progress, promote growth or to replace current roles.
- Develop appropriate KPIs that are cascaded through the operational teams. Ensure that these KPIs are used at all levels to improve business performance.
- Formulate and agree the operations revenue and capital expenditure budget plans. Control the total revenue expenditure to meet or improve the budget, and control the authorised capital expenditure.
- Deliver change management programmes within the business to improve business performance.
- Create and maintain an environment where individuals are able to continually challenge the status quo, take measured risks and are encouraged to embrace change consistent with Arnarlax Values.
In order to be successful in this position you must have senior aquaculture management experience with a genuine attention to detail across management and operations, particularly considering the ever-present threats to production efficiencies. You have experience supplying either directly or externally to further processors and ideally management experience across the full species' life cycle. Freshwater or Marine salmonid management experience will be an advantage. You have experience of managing different disciplines and have led multi-functional teams across a wide and remote geographical area, implementing detailed strategic plans. You must be able to show proactive and proven leadership skills. Good knowledge of business finance, logistics and supply chain is key. You also have experience of strategic change management and have worked in a fast moving, dynamic environment with a track record of continuous improvement. You have experience of assessing and reviewing Management Teams and Organisational structures, and are able to lead organisational change where required. You have been regularly involved with internal and external customers and are able to translate customer needs into deliverable operational plans, working closely with the Planning and Commercial Teams to develop a commercially led approach.
You have a positive and fair approach with drive, passion and a track record of engaging at all levels of the business. You are disciplined and prepared to put in the effort that ensures industry-leading practices and standards are maintained at all times. You adhere to company rules and procedures, execute plans with commitment and determination and achieve high quality results. You quickly understand and analyse complex issues and problems, and come up with sound and rational judgements. You focus on bottom-line results, identify potential risks and monitor the financial impact of own activities. You demonstrate specialist knowledge in your area of expertise and participate in continuous professional development. You provide the team with a clear sense of direction, inspire and coordinate others and keep them focused on the objectives. You delegate, empower and promote career and self-development among the team. You are a leader who inspires, motivates, and offers support through efficiency improvements.
The ideal candidate will be offered:
- A challenging and independent position.
- A work environment characterised by commitment to achieving results for all stakeholders.
- A competitive remuneration package.