Technical Support Manager
BioMar is looking for a technically strong biologist/engineer with experience in marine finfish operations. The candidate with the right profile will be an asset to consolidate BioMar’s position as preferred feed supplier to aquafarms, and to advice on optimizing grow-out production.
Customer Counselling and Optimization of fish farming
BioMar offers a stimulating position as our Technical Support Manager in BioMar West Med. Your primary responsibility will be to deliver high level technical service to our many customers and colleagues. With your comprehensive knowledge within aquaculture, you will be a strong tie between our customers, sales force and product managers. Your responsibilities will include:
- Customer counselling in cooperation with our sales team
- Onsite advice to our customer optimizing fish production
- Collecting field data, analyzing, reporting, giving recommendations and following up
- Knowledge sharing at workshops and conferences – on-stage as well as off-stage
- Planning, execution and evaluation of benchmarks and BioFarm trials
- Managing a team of 5 technical advisors
A team of Technical Advisors supporting the WestMed and African market
You will be managing our team of Technical Advisors in BioFarm supporting our WestMed and Africa organization as well as our customers. As a part of our WestMed Customer Service & Sales organization, the BioFarm team strives to deliver high level technical support for the benefit of our customers, enhancing their possibilities of optimizing production. The team is characterized by an informal environment with a high competence level and good relationships.
Biologist/engineer with knowledge of growout operations and strong communication skills
As a person you are outgoing and trustworthy with a solid commercial focus. You are a strong communicator and raise your opinion in a convincing yet tactful manner. Furthermore, people describe you as structured, detail-oriented and persistent. Your professional background is probably characterized by:
- At least 10 years of experience within the field of marine growout operations.
- Managerial skills and experience
- A formal education as a biologist or similar, alternatively as an engineer combined with knowledge of fish farm production
- Exhaustive knowledge within modern aquaculture, production planning, feeding management, KPI assessment.
- Understanding and ability to handle growth and feeding models.
- An ability to speak and write both English and Spanish fluently. French language skills will be regarded as a plus.
- Competences in MS Excel and in expressing yourself in writing
The position is based at the offices of BioMar SAS in Nersac, France or BioMar Iberia in Duenas, Spain. Working remotely is also a possibility. You should expect travelling activity of 60-80 days per year, primarily in Europe.
We will be going through applications as they come in and hire when we find the right candidate. We therefore encourage you to apply as fast as possible, and no later than August 31st 2020.
You can apply here: Apply Here
For further information please contact:
Bruno Noguerra, BioFarm Manager, +33 6 85 07 54 04