Skagen Salmon looking for Production Manager for RAS facility in Skagen, Denmark.
Skagen Salmon is looking to take on an experienced Production Manager to develop, lead and operate our new production in Skagen.
About the company
Skagen Salmon is a newly-established company founded by a solid group of investors who have actively worked and invested in the RAS technology over several years – including as active investors in other successful Danish RAS facilities.
We are currently building an advanced land-based RAS facility in Skagen, Denmark. Production will commence in April 2021, and in parallel with the production of smolt, the On Grow-sections of the facility will be constructed, ensuring that our first batch of salmon will be ready for market in the late summer of 2023. Production will encompass 3,300 tons market-ready salmon per year.
About the position
We are now in the process of establishing the operating organization of Skagen Salmon and are therefore looking for an experienced Production Manager to take part in the development and planning of the production, and in the future take on a leadership role.
Initially, you will have the overall responsibility for the smolt production. Depending on your competence profile and performance, the position may be expanded to include the entire production – from eggs to market-ready salmon.
With us, you will get a unique chance to put together your own production team and shape it to your own wishes.
- Competence profile and job requirements You have significant experience from production of salmon in a RAS facility – from daily planning and execution of production and operations to professional staff management.
- You have excellent communication skills, are dependable and involved in your work and have a positive impact on your surroundings.
- Your work is highly organized, and you like order and tidiness.
- You take responsibility for your work, and you are capable of planning and executing your own work tasks.
- You have a motivating presence in a team, and you respect, engage with and provide feedback to your production team.
- Your contribution will strengthen the further development of the company and our overall concept, which places great emphasis on quality, environment and sustainability.
You will be part of a team of committed employees with broad experience from several years of working within establishing and operating RAS facilities.
We expect that you will make your home in the community near the newly built facility in Skagen in Northern Denmark. Skagen is one of the major Danish fishing harbours, and the region is highly attractive, being surrounded by a unique coastal landscape. Skagen Salmon collaborates with the organization “Move North” on spouse employment, moving and other practical aspects of relocating to Frederikshavn Municipality. Find more information and contact info at www.movenorth.dk
If necessary, Skagen Salmon can provide rented accommodation for a certain period of time.
We are willing to wait for the right person for the job, but we expect to finalize the recruitment our new Production Manager before the end of 2020 – preferably as soon as possible. For more information and to submit your application, please contact:
Contact: Klaus Lukassen
Phone: +45 22 10 02 01