Lead Auditor - Aquaculture
Do you want to work for the #1 most attractive employer 2019 in Norway and #3 in the Young Professional Attractiveness Index 2020?
We are strengthening our seafood team and looking for you who would like to develop into lead auditing. You will support our aquaculture customers with your professional expertise and DNV GL’s methodology and approach. You will be qualified against seafood industry standards, audit techniques and operating as an independent third party. As a Lead Auditor, you will perform audits, verifications and inspections and possibly training in accordance with needs and requirements in the industry. In your role, you will influence the development of the aquaculture industry through challenging performance and sharing knowledge.
This position will give you the opportunity to work with a very varied customer portfolio, both in terms of size and organizational set-up. You will work autonomously and in a customer-oriented way, but will always enjoy the benefits of a strong and supportive professional environment of colleagues.
You will get to know the Norwegian Aquaculture industry well, with all its opportunities and challenges, and gain insight into innovation processes and the latest technology developments. You will develop a large and unique network of contacts and build relationships with professionals who are also dedicated to ensuring sustainable seafood for future generations.
Apart from required training and qualification, we have performance management processes in place to ensure you will have the opportunity to develop yourself both professionally and personally within our organization. You will experience competence development within various fields and professional development within management and control.
- Master’s Degree within Aquaculture (Biology)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the Norwegian salmon farming industry
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in Norwegian and English
- Ability to travel extensively
- Practical experience from fish farming
- Practical experience with quality management (e.g ISO9001, GLOBALG.A.P. IFA, ASC Salmon Standard,)
- Audit/inspection experience
- Extended network within Aquaculture
- You are autonomous, daring and work well independently together with our customers
- You have good organizational and time management skills ensuring a high level of customer care
- You have well-developed interpersonal and communication skills to tackle diversity
- With your good analytical skills and solution-oriented approach, you will share knowledge and create value for the seafood industry
- You are flexible and believe in digital transformation as a game-changer
What we offer:
- A meaningful job with one of Norway’s most attractive employers. We are ranked #3 in the Young Professional Attractiveness Index 2020 and Norway’s most attractive employer 2019 by Randstad
- Strong company culture with an emphasis on competence development
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- DNV GL training and qualification program
- Norwegian office location to be agreed
For more information, please contact Lisa Terese de Jager, Head of Seafood Unit +47 90029451
The application deadline is established for 22nd November
Start date: as soon as possible
Workplace: to be decided
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is one of the world’s leading certification bodies. We help businesses assure the performance of their organizations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment, and training services. Partnering with our customers, we build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust across all types of industries.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!