Global RAS Technical Manager
Building upon the success and growth that has been part of the overall commercial strategy that Benchmark Genetics has adopted, the business is recruiting for a RAS Global Technical Manager.
The role, which is newly created, is based in Iceland, will be the significant technical lead position for Genetics in the fast-emerging land-based aquaculture fish farming, with a clear specific focus and expertise in RAS systems on a global basis.
- Support all our land-based customers
- Be a discussion partner for our global RAS-customers
- Work closely with RAS-customers to ensure optimal performance of our genetic products
- Build RAS-competence within the commercial division
- Take part in our technical support program in Iceland and Faroe Islands
- Potentially some commercial responsibility on selected customers
Qualifications and experience
- University degree education or equivalent industry experience
- Significant technical experience from working in the salmon industry
- Technically strong within the RAS technology
- Good biological understanding
- Excellent organizational and teamwork skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English and one Nordic language (preferable)
- Good communicator
- Commercial mindset
- Forensic on detail
Salary: Salary depending on qualifications and experience
Hours: Full-time position
Location: Hafnarfjordur, Iceland, but we may consider other locations under specific circumstances.
Reports to: Commercial Director Benchmark Genetics
Application deadline: November 30, 2020