Project Engineer Freshwater
Project Engineer Freshwater and Closed Production Technology – 2 years temporary engagement
The Global R&D and Technical department is searching for an engineer with expertise in freshwater aquaculture production, namely the production of smolt and post-smolts on land in recirculation systems (RAS) and flow-through systems. The position is a 2 year temporary engagement, filling the position for one of our colleagues on extended leave. The engagement might be considered extended or changed into a permanent position as the project develops. Our preferred candidate has the ability to work in interdisciplinary teams, is good at understanding complex challenges and communicating solutions.
Areas of responsibility
- Support the teams activity within engineering- construction projects and R&D
- Project work and some project management for medium sized activities and projects
- Support to business units regarding startup of RAS and problem solving
- Help to resolve tasks regarding training, and development of common procedures for operation of RAS
- Contact with suppliers and local authorities
Competencies and experience
- Relevant engineering and/or aquaculture qualifications (engineer/civil engineer/MSc biological sciences or similar).
- The position requires technical and practical competence on projects concerning construction- or process engineering
- Background /understanding of Internet of Things (IOT) is advantageous but not mandatory
- Experience from smolt production and technical solutions might compensate for lack in other background
- Preferably some years of experience from an engineering company , entrepreneur and/or land based aquaculture farming (producer or supplier).
- Experience from research and innovations projects is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills in Norwegian and English.
- Ability to take initiative and to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong with personal communication skill for people from different levels and backgrounds
- High working capacity and capable of innovative thinking
- Structured, positive mindset, calm under pressure, detail oriented but also able see the whole picture.
- Flexible, passionate and trustworthy.
- Interested in building a career in a global company, hereunder mobility to other business units short term or long-term.
The position will be placed in the Global R&D and Technical Department, will work closely with our engineering project leader Ernst Georg Økland and report to the Group Manager Freshwater & Closed Production Technology. The position should be based in one of our Mowi offices in Norway, such as Trondheim or Bømlo, (preferred locations) but other Mowi location could be considered if necessary. The position will require travelling.
If further information about the position is required contact Trond W. Rosten (tel +47 950 31 382) or mail:
Ernst Georg Økland, (tel: +47 909 69 663)
Application deadline is 10. December 2020.
All enquiries and applications will be treated in confidence.