Business Developer, Retail
Eide Fjordbruk is a family-owned company based in Norway with a generational perspective. Over the last 50 years, Eide Fjordbruk has developed and innovated the Norwegian fish farming industry. Eide Fjordbruk is a forward-thinking company invested in innovation, sustainability, and research. The company deeply cares about its team, its fish, and its community. Every decision is made to create a healthy, long-term, sustainable business.
Eide Fjordbruk is now shaping the future of seafood sustainability.
Branded as SalmonZero and being a CarbonNeutral® Product (Salmon Zero), this will be the first carbon-neutral salmon brought to market commanding a premium price point.
We are looking for an experienced Business Developer to launch this socially responsible and environmentally friendly salmon.
This high performing Business Developer will implement and execute sales strategies in the retail channel. This individual will also develop and manage key accounts and provide superb customer service.
- Develop and implement a business plan to launch SalmonZero
- Collaborate on pricing strategy
- Communicate the unique story of Eide and SalmonZero
- Develop the sales approach for Key Target Accounts
- Build a relationship with KDM (key decision-makers)
- Provide oversight on day-to-day orders and account management
- Establish goals and KPI’s
- Create a plan to establish the brand, marketing, and promotion strategy in the key accounts
- Travel to customers when possible
As the Business Developer you take initiative, execute goals, and accept the responsibility for the results. You have been involved in complex sales processes and know-how to build strong relationships. Selling and negotiating come easy to you as does persuading and influencing others. You are social and have a wide network of contacts.
We are looking for someone with a broad perspective and someone who considers the wider and long-term consequences of incidents, plans and activities. You are pragmatic, target-oriented, and focused on reaching results. The right candidate follow procedures, respect rules and regulations, and see tasks through to the end. You are ambitious, enjoy difficult challenges, and want to succeed.
- A relevant and related university degree.
- +5 years of retail sales results in a challenging environment.
- Project Management skills and/or experience in managing value chains.
- Fluent in English. An additional language or multiple languages is an advantage.
- A strong communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- International working experience preferable.
- Knowledge up and down the retail value chain.
- Excellent people skills and a team player.
Eide Fjordbruk will offer the right candidate:
- A Competitive compensation package.
- A Flexible and positive team and culture.
- An Opportunity to drive sustainable innovation in the global seafood industry.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
To read more about Eide and their CarbonNeutral® Product (Salmon Zero), check out these links:
Eide Fjordbruk becomes a CarbonNeutral® company and launches carbon neutral salmon (efb.no)