Fish Movement Design Engineer
When joining Atlantic Sapphire, you are not only working in a company that cares about people’s health and well-being, but also for the health of our planet.
Atlantic Sapphire salmon is raised in a revolutionary Bluehouse TM – the equivalent of a greenhouse where fish are given ideal conditions to thrive. Atlantic Sapphire was founded in 2010. We are a Norwegian publicly- traded company with headquarters in Miami. Our first commercial and fully operational Bluehouse TM was built in Denmark in 2011 and the first salmon was hatched in Florida in November 2018 where the company is constructing the largest Bluehouse in the world in Homestead in Miami-Dade County.
Consumers in North America can try our mild tasting, antibiotic free, and eco-friendly product when asking by name for Bluehouse Salmon – available in retail stores and restaurants from California to Florida. And if in Europe, look for our exquisite Sapphire Salmon.
Follow @atlanticsapphire and @bluehousesalmon to learn more.
As we innovate the future of fish farming on land. We need even more efficient and gentle fish movement systems in place to move and grade our fish. We need a person who can identify the best solutions and innovate the way we move fish.
Working closely with external parties and have an extensive network within this area. Communicate with internal stakeholders to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of the construction. We would like this Fish Movement Engineer to focus on productivity and organization for construction matters; by making sure that communication is transparent throughout the entire team and departments, issues are handled in a timely manner, and deadlines are met. This position will also support in procuring equipment that fits the design and establishing relationship with Fish Farm design equipment suppliers as well as supplying for other specific equipment that will be needed. You will be a part of Atlantic Sapphires Technology Team who supports the organization within locating and developing the technologies of future fish farming and implementing them in praxis.
How is your responsibility and accountability measured from a performance perspective?
- Timeline of construction projects and ability to meet deadlines.
- Organization of construction on site and ensure efficiency of projects.
- Effective communication with the team, other departments, and vendors.
- Technical trade school or engineering background
- Minimum 3 years of fish movement design experience, preferred 5 years.
- Ability to travel 20% of the time (NO) and 20% US
- English and Scandinavian language (NO)
- oMøre Romsdal
- oUS- Homestead.
This job operates in a combined office and farm/production and construction environment.
- Standing. Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Pushing. Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Repetitive motion.
The physical requirements of this position.
- Sedentary work and up to 10 pounds of force/lifting
- Light work. Up to 20 pounds of force/lifting Medium work. Up to 30 pounds of force/lifting Heavy work. More than 30 pounds of force/lifting
Atlantic Sapphire is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to create and inclusive environment for all employees. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, familial status, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.