Global Key Account Manager - AlgaPrime
At Corbion we exist to champion preservation in all its forms, preserving food and food production, health, and our planet.
Corbion is the global market leading producer of sustainable Algae produced Omega-3 .
AlgaPrimeTM is an Omega-3 rich feed ingredient that serves as a cost-effective, high performance alternative to fish oil in salmon and shrimp feed. Algaprime is produced competitively in large quantities, and offers many benefits, a.o. a high sustainability profile, a high and constant concentration in Omega-3 and the absence of contaminants.
AlgaPrimeTM is adopted at a rapid pace in the global Aqua feed market and our customer base is growing. This is why we are expanding our team. We are looking for an experienced Global Key Account Manager Aqua with an existing network within the global aqua feed industry.
As our Global Key Account Manager Aqua you will develop and expand opportunities with our global key accounts within the Aquaculture (salmon, shrimp) feed industry. You will build, nurture and deepen global key customer relationships, positioning the Corbion Algae Ingredients portfolio.
- Own and drive the relationship with the Global Key Accounts:
- Build and sustain customer relationships throughout the value chain, from R&D to purchasing and across aquaculture market segments (salmon, shrimp).
- Coordinate all company functions’ relationships with the customer.
- Develop and implement a Key Account Plan in alignment with Corbion Algae Ingredients Strategy.
- Work closely with R&D, Technical Support and Marketing to build and manage a growth opportunity pipeline .
- Manage commercial negotiations (pricing, margin, terms) and contracts.
- Meet the Operating Plan & Budget objectives in volume and value .
- Capture customer insights, monitor and report on competitive behaviours.
- Produce structured reporting of customer interaction through the CRM system.
- Degree in Aqua Nutrition, Agricultural, Animal Nutrition, Zoology, Marine Biology or equivalent experience in the aqua and/or animal feed sector.
- Strong business acumen and commercial insight.
- At least 8 years of experience as (global) key account manager working for a supplier to the Aqua feed industry.
- A strong network within the global Aqua feed producers
- Up-to-date knowledge of the aqua feed industry and global Aqua production.
- Proven ability and insight to support new product launches and introductions at key accounts.
- Excellent presentation & negotiation skills.
- Excellent English in speaking and writing, preferably also speaking and writing in Spanish and/or Norwegian
- Excellent understanding of the customer’s needs and able to develop and propose
- appropriate solutions.
- Able to adapt to different cultures in different parts of the world.
We offer the opportunity to be part of a world class global team and work with a revolutionary product portfolio. A chance to take ownership and connect your personal success to one of the most important growth markets for AlgaprimeTM DHA, a feed ingredient with unsurpassed performance and sustainability benefits for the salmon, shrimp, pet and production animal feed industry and their farmers.
In addition we offer competitive compensation and benefits, including (but not limited to) base salary, bonus, pension plan and a company car.