Head of Sales North-America
As a global supplier to the food processing industry with expertise in onshore and onboard fish handling equipment, Optimar is continuing to target the US market focusing on growing the existing market and expand both in the US and globally. We are seeking a dynamic and talented individual to be responsible for the development, coordination, management, oversight, and business development activities at our office in Seattle. This new position will be a key role in our expansion plans.
Head of Sales North-America
- Overall management of the operation at Seattle office
- Drive revenue and growth, responsible for the results at the site
- Lead and manage sales relationships
- Reinforce and cultivate existing customer relationships
- Identify customer needs and requirements
- Lead and coordinate the entire sales lifecycle, - negotiate proposals, prices, and delivery with clients
- Oversee service and aftermarket activity
- Develop internal information and reports
- Stay up to date on competitors and knowledge of the industry
- Support marketing activities by attending industry conferences and fairs
- Develops strategies, tools, and processes that maximise sales execution
- Establish good systems and methods that contribute to high customer satisfaction
- A proven sales track record within a similar role.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience in the seafood industry.
- MBA or equivalent education in relevant technical education. Any relevant work experience can compensate for educational requirements.
- Thorough understanding of the technical nature of the industry.
- Ability to effectively communicate highly technical information for both on-shore and off-shore products.
To be successful in this role:
It is essential that you like to be in charge and direct others. You enjoy selling and negotiating, find it easy to persuade others, influence others and win their support. You come across as very confident and self-assured even in unfamiliar situations and groups. When managing the Seattle office you provide the team with a clear sense of direction, inspire and co-ordinate others. You keep the team focused on objectives. You feel at ease during presentations and formal events. You are sociable, enjoy being in groups, and have a wide network of contacts. As the Head of Sales North-America, you are very pragmatic and target-oriented in approach, focus on reaching results, and solving problems fast and effectively.
You quickly grasp complex issues and problems, identify the core of the problems and evaluate information thoroughly. You really enjoyed working with concepts, models, and strategies, you like and seek intellectual challenges. It is natural for you to act on your own initiative, follow your own direction, and express your views and opinions. You set self-ambitious and demanding targets, enjoy difficult challenges, and want to get ahead and succeed.
What we offer:
A focus on people development
Competitive salary & benefits
Owners committed to investment in growth