Reports To: Company Directors
Direct reports: None
The Responsible Sourcing and Fisheries Manager will work across all departments and with external stakeholders to deliver our sustainability, environment and human rights commitments and ambitions.
- Work across the business and with external stakeholders to deliver the company’s environment and human rights commitments and ambitions.
- Identify, analyse, and prioritise the environmental and human rights impacts and risks within our supply chains.
- Develop solutions to address identified impacts and risks to ensure we source responsibly and meet our customer’s expectations.
- Build strong relationship with the company’s supply base, including their technical and commercial teams to ensure that they are meeting or making continual progress with regards to our sustainability, environment, and human rights commitments.
- Play a key role in the development and maintenance of policies relating to a company’s ethical, sustainable, and environmental responsibilities. This will be in collaboration with other relevant departments and senior managers.
- Actioning the company's social responsibility strategy.
- Ensure the company is compliant and is making continual progress with regards to Modern Slavery. This will be in collaboration with the company’s modern slavery strategic working group.
- Identify, plan, and ensure the company is making continual progress with regards to the Net Zero Strategy.
- Communicate and engage with Non-Government Organisations (NGO’s), experts, and industry peers and groups.
- Be the Company’s Responsible Sourcing and Fisheries Spokesperson.
- Ensure responsible procurement processes are being followed by the Company and those within our supply chain.
- Review targets, measure result, drive supply chain improvements, stimulating transformational change and advocating for enabling policies and incentives.
- Undertake additional work as required by Company Director’s or Senior Managers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Effective communicator at all levels.
- Have strong and effective presentation skills.
- Professional approach and attitude.
- Ability to be flexible to meet business needs.
- A strong knowledge and understanding of marine sustainability issues.
- Experience working in responsible sourcing (e.g., within UK food context).
- Ability to build cross-industry collaboration to address marine sustainability issues, including through Fishery Improvement Projects (FIPs) and joint advocacy initiatives.
- Experience of engaging actors and stakeholders within the seafood value chain (e.g., fishers, processors, brands etc.).
- High credibility with campaigners and marine sustainability experts.
- Account management experience would be an advantage.
- Understanding of business and human rights would be an advantage.
- Relevant degree.
Hours of Work/Location
- Hours of work will be flexible and will depend on the demands of the role.
- The post holder can work from home and only attend the office as and when required.
- Extensive traveling will be required.
Other Relevant Information:
- Full driving licence would be preferred.
- Competitive and depending on experience.
- 30 days annual leave (including statutory holidays)