Chain of Custody Auditor
Chain of Custody Auditor
Our Business Assurance business is a recognised, world-leading professional assurance services organisation. We specialise in management systems compliance & expert advice across a broad spectrum of standards, schemes & business improvement services to include customised training & assurance. In Inspection Services, we certify safety critical industrial equipment according to recognised codes, standards & regulations. We also partner with companies to provide tailored high-quality inspection services throughout their manufacturing supply chains, making sure equipment is built safely & to their requirements.
Responsible for carrying out inspections and audits to a range of aquaculture and chain of custody standards and to Lloyds Register clients globally. Contribute to the training and performance review of new and junior colleagues. When required, participate in LR aquaculture and chain of custody certification decision making processes.
- Plan and carry out assessment and surveillance inspections/audits across a range of clients in the seafood and aquaculture sectors.
- Generate accurate, unambiguous and objective reports following each inspection/audit and submit completed reports within agreed timescales.
- Evaluate corrective action following audits and carry out technical review where required.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the requirements of the Chain of Custody and Supply Chain schemes.
- Become familiar with standard owner databases and external support platforms.
- Take part in face to face and online training sessions to maintain your competence and technical understanding.
- Support and develop our in-house training to maintain and improve technical competence across our inspection teams globally.
- Provide technical support to administration colleagues.
- Assist in business development and the onboarding of new clients.
- Maintain professional status and CPD requirements in accordance with accreditation and scheme requirements.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualification in a food and/or aquaculture related field
- Industry recognised professional qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience within food processing and/or aquaculture sectors
- Minimum of 3 years auditing experience to a range of standards in the food or aquaculture sectors.
- High-level of industry knowledge and demonstrate a portfolio of sound practical experience gained by working in a variety of aquaculture or food processing environments.
- Up-to-date knowledge within at least one food safety and/or aquaculture management system
- Knowledge of quality assurance schemes within food supply chains, including production and product conformity
- Knowledge of auditing protocols within the food production sector
- Awareness of food and environmental legislation and industry Codes of Practice
- Awareness of quality management systems, HACCP and GMP