We are looking for a dynamic Farm Manager to join our business and immediately make an impact. As Farm Manager you will oversee management of all operations on the farm, and you’ll work closely with the heads of the various departments to achieve our ambitious production goals. You will report directly to our global Chief Aquaculture Officer. Victory has already proven it can grow and scale faster than any other fish farm on the African continent – in the next stage, we are focused on becoming the global leader and we’re looking for a manager with an appetite for growth, excellence, and impact.
What we’re looking for:
• Experienced operational and general management capabilities, proven track record of managing large organizations across multiple business functions in a challenging geography
• Appreciation for and understanding of operations in a remote environment
• Ability to build a winning team and an excellent culture, with the unique ability to have both a critical conversation, but also build confidence, trust and cooperation
• Minimum of 5 years in a senior management position, preferring 15 years of total experience
• Background in agricultural/aquacultural sciences and/or general management, preferably with at least a B.Sc. level of education
• Understanding of aquaculture is a plus, but not required; understanding of agriculture, food processing, or other similar industry is important but not required
• Fluent in English
• Manage complete farm operations, which currently consists of 300 FTEs and 200 Casuals, and will be expanding to 4x that size over the next 5 years
• Farm operations break into two main categories:
o Fish-based: Hatchery, nursery, production (in large open-lake cages)
o Ops-based: Warehousing, processing, maintenance, logistics, and then supporting headquarters with HR/Finance/IT and central Ops with Logistics/Construction/Security
• Formalize processes, develop SOPs, and train the team on dutiful and accurate execution
• Design and support construction in building new infrastructure to support ongoing, rapid expansion
• Recruit, develop and retain the best global talent in aquaculture
• Continue to build on our world-leading systems and data advantage, pushing the envelope on iterative improvements
• Support Victory’s Partnerships Division in its ever-present role in building community and government relations for long and durable partnerships
• Manage and build relationships with suppliers and contractors
• Manage costs and report on KPIs, budgets, and other planning tools
• Proactively work with Commercial department to supply customers with the right sizes of fish, supporting changes in seasonality and new customer channel development
About Victory Farms:
Victory Farms aims to be the most sustainable fish farm on the planet whilst it scales to feed 2 billion Africans in the coming 2 decades. Currently, VF is sub-Saharan Africa’s fastest growing fish farm, and the largest Fish Farm in East Africa. We have operations on the Kenyan side of Lake Victoria and distribution capacity throughout Kenya. The Company has the highest standards for performance, execution, culture, and integrity, with best-in-class talent from across the globe.
Victory Farms seeks to build long-term relationships with its employees, from entry-level roles to our most senior leadership. In this role, the compensation package will reflect this through equity-like incentives that can be meaningful. We hold an ambition to build a world-leading fish farm in East Africa and the management team that joins us in realizing this dream will be key actors in that story.