Skretting is strengthening its ambitions in the fast-growing recirculating aquaculture system (RAS) sector, and we are looking for a Technical Specialist with competence and experience in RAS and water quality. We’re seeking a person that will work closely with the customers, our researchers and the global innovation team to solve challenges and explore opportunities associated with closed containment farming. You will be part of our Global Salmon Innovation Team, and will have a central role in shaping Skretting’s feed portfolio and services within the salmonid segment. The position will report to Innovation Director Salmon and is located at Skretting head office in Stavanger, Norway.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- A key player in development of Skretting’s value proposition for products and services within the RAS segment
- Technical support for Skretting’s operating companies when exploring and implementing RAS concepts around the world.
- RAS market analysis to expand knowledge on our customer, market - and competitors.
- Participate as a technical expert in customer contract negotiation, proposing strategy, positioning and value proposition.
- Coordinate and execute tasks related to benchmark trials and customer visits
- Some travel must be expected
What we ask:
- The ability to work strategically with a long-term time frame in mind, whilst balancing this with the short-term operational needs of an OpCo.
- An ability to build a network of relationships with internal and external business partners and collaborate with geographically distributed teams.
- An interest in digging into the details of a new opportunity and turning it into a commercial reality by working with others.
- A strong team player able to work on multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Innovative and solution oriented, proactive and business minded
- Flexible, curious and eager to learn
What you bring:
- MSc in fish biology, Aquaculture or other relevant higher university education with proven competence in recirculating aquaculture system (RAS)
- Preferrably >5 years’ experience in a technical position within the RAS area
- Capable to develop, deliver clear and effective technical presentations
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written. Knowledge of other languages is an advantage
What we can offer:
Skretting can offer you a challenging and exciting career in a multi-disciplinary global work environment, the opportunity to learn, develop and grow with a market leader and a competitive remuneration package. We also support and encourage extracurricular sport, health and cultural activities.
For detailed information about this position, please contact May-Helen Holme, Innovation Director Salmon, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Stine Lerstøl, HR Advisor, email@example.com.
Application deadline: 03.11.2021
Nutreco is a global leader in animal nutrition and fish feed. Our advanced nutritional solutions are at the origin of food for millions of consumers worldwide. Quality, innovation and sustainability are guiding principles, embedded in the Nutreco culture from research and raw material procurement to products and services for agriculture and aquaculture. Experience across 100 years brings Nutreco a rich heritage of knowledge and experience for building its future.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nutreco is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Nutreco is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.