The Barramundi Group is Australia's only ocean-cage Barramundi farm. We have been farming fish in the Kimberley region of Western Australia for 18 years, and our Cone Bay Ocean Barramundi is on restaurant menus around Australia. Our business is entering a significant expansion phase with multiple growth opportunities in the future.
We have an opportunity for a suitably experienced Aquaculture Assistant Farm Manager. Reporting to the Manager Marine Farming, this role will be accountable for the overall operations of our Cone Bay Farm. This is a DIDO role, from Broome to Cone Bay, with a usual roster of 14 days on / 14 days off.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Assist the Manager Marine Farming in overseeing and managing all aspects of our marine farm including harvests, transfers, feeding, diving and maintenance
- Strategic and operational leadership of the Cone Bay Farm
- Overall management of operational processes to maintain fish welfare and high quality standards
- Implementation of a continuous improvement culture
The successful candidate will require:
- Minimum of 5 years of sea cage aquaculture experience, with at least 2 of those years in a leadership role
- Excellent people management skills
- Result driven attitude and the ability to influence and drive change
- Excellent computer and Microsoft Excel skills
- Coxswain or Master 5 preferred
Highly desirable attributes:
- A degree or diploma in Science/Aquaculture is highly desirable
- Aquaculture related tickets, ADAS/Aquaculture dive qualifications
- Experience with Mercatus Software
- Residing in Broome, WA or willing to relocate
The successful candidate will join a highly motivated and professional team and lead the company ocean-cage Barramundi farms Operation. The Barramundi Group is offering a very competitive remuneration package.
To apply, please submit a CV with a covering letter, outlining your experience, knowledge and qualifications to email@example.com
Applications close: 30th June 2022
For additional information including detailed Job Description please contact The Barramundi Group on +61 8 9115 1851