Hatchery Manager Atlantic Canada
We are seeking an experienced Hatchery Manager to join our new business unit taking responsibility for our Northampton hatchery, bringing it to current standards while meeting production goals, developing staff, and securing a safe work environment.
- Manage daily operations at the land-based flow through smolt facility
- Develop competent accountable staff
- Work with staff and subcontractors to make site improvements
- Develop goals and targets, delivering results on plan and on budget
- Delivering solutions and solving operational issues as they arise
- Meeting or exceeding production goals of size, number, timing, and quality of smolt
- Effectively managing, developing and coaching employees
- Foster a culture of safe work and environmental sustainability
- Handling administrative responsibilities
- Experience managing an Atlantic salmon hatchery and smolt production
- Demonstrated skills and experience in providing leadership and personal management
- Familiarity with financial planning and cost control
- A “can do” attitude with excellent cooperation and communications skills.
- Computer skills including farm management
- Loyalty to the company’s business, vision and values, and thus a role model.
- Service minded and trustworthy
- BSc. Diploma in Aquaculture or other biological sciences is preferred