Quin Sea Fisheries is currently seeking a Plant Manager with a proven track record of production and plant management experience to lead the day-to-day operation of the organization’s largest processing facility, in Old Perlican, NL.
- Manage site performance, optimize production in relation to available raw materials, capacity, production plans, quality requirements and quality standards.
- Deliver on key targets, follow-up on the action plans of various departments, while reviewing production flow to ensure best practices are used to achieve desired results.
- Lead an accomplished and experienced team, ensure positive and proactive working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Adhere and develop the plant’s values, internal strategy, and leadership, through reviewing KPI’s and coaching supervisors on employee performance.
- Continuously audit plant activities, prepare annual capital budgets, and plan off-season work to prepare for upcoming seasons.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Food technology or process engineering diploma or professional degree.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Plant Manager, preferably within a seafood production operation. Other combinations of education and experience may also be considered for this role.
- Technically savvy with SAP, analysis of daily production records and KPI’s.
Success in this role requires a skilled operational leader, able to take a “hands-on” approach to work who is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence. You are able to implement new technologies, drive high quality, on-time production and provide insight and input to the entire organization when complex issues arise. Demonstrating superior communication skills, you create constructive and positive dialogue with employees, suppliers, and the local community. You thrive in a team environment and have strong leadership skills, allowing you to motivate employees through your energetic and outgoing personality.
If you are interested to take the next step in your career with an innovative leader in the seafood industry please contact Natalie Hand or Tiffany Walsh at 709.722.5928 for more information or submit your application online at http://jobs.meridiarecruitment.ca/Careers/12021/