Global Feed Manufacturing Engineer
Skretting ARC is looking for an experienced Global Feed Manufacturing Engineer with excellent communication and collaboration skills. In this role you will be a key player in the further development and optimisation of our fast growing manufacturing operation worldwide.
- Execute production & process audits at our operating companies worldwide to improve plant performance with a focus on throughput, availability, yield and feed quality.
- Develop, test and implement innovative solutions that increase our production efficiency and improves our capability to produce novel products and concepts.
- Develop, document, implement and maintain operational standards in aquafeed production to ensure operational excellence in existing and future Skretting plants.
- Interact with investment teams to give advice and support in large investment projects.
- Communication of key improvement areas related to feed manufacturing to local as well as Business Unit management.
- Guiding the local organisation in the follow-up and implementation of issued recommendations.
- Provide on- and off-site technical support related to aquafeed production and process technology to all Skretting plants world-wide.
- Support and guide our networks of Process Engineers from all Skretting operating companies in the sharing and defining of best practice and local implementation of new concepts and technologies.
Background and competencies:
- A MSc in Feed or Food Manufacturing, Process Technology, Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 3 year experience in the optimisation of manufacturing processes, preferably in the aquafeed, animal feed or pet food production industry.
- In depth knowledge about a number of feed production operations such as dosing, mixing, grinding, extrusion, pelleting, drying, coating and cooling.
- Proven track record in the optimisation of feed manufacturing processes.
- Excellent influencing and communication skills.
- Innovative mind-set.
- A hands-on and target oriented mentality.
- Ability to build trust and goodwill among people with different cultural backgrounds.
- Experience with technical drawing software (such as AutoCAD) would be preferable.
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
- Join a well-established group of Process Engineers and Feed Manufacturing Researchers.
- Closely interact with our production operations world-wide.
- Work in a progressive and highly innovative environment.
We offer a challenging position with ample possibilities for professional growth and competitive benefits. We also support and encourage extracurricular sport, health and cultural activities.
Working location is Stavanger, Norway. Stavanger is located in the beautiful south of Norway with easy international connectivity and high quality international schooling. Working language is English.
You should have the ability and willingness to travel internationally to all continents. A travel activity of 40 to 60 days per year is to be expected.
For further information about the position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are invited from candidates with the described skills and experience. Please send your CV and cover letter describing your motivation for this position by e-mail to: email@example.com by 31st October 2017.