– TROUT AND FRESH WATER SPECIES
Being the link between R&D and Market, your strong technical experience and expertise will help in developing the future BioMar trout and freshwater product ranges. As Product Manager you will be at the heart of our business close to customers, research and marketing across Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
“This is a position where you take the driver’s seat ensuring the right product innovations are brought to market creating value at the customers. An exciting position with fantastic colleagues …”
Michel Autin, Technical Director BioMar EMEA
The technical expertise driving product development and market implementation.
As Product Manager you will be the solid technical reference for your colleagues as well as for the customers within trout and fresh water species in EMEA. With your technical expertise you connect R&D projects with Sales and Market as you drive the development and market implementation of innovative feed solutions. In this role you will furthermore act as manager for a Product Coordinator and be a member of the Danish Sales Management Team. Within the segment of trout and fresh water species, it will be your responsibility to:
- Manage the existing and next generation product portfolio
- Drive the product development activities including adequate product documentation
- Participate in establishing commercial objectives, proper budgeting, forecasting, and follow up on product portfolio performance
- Drive testing and benchmarking of new products
- Ensure the development of an effective market communication together with Marketing
An important aspect of the role is to secure a strong collaboration between R&D, technical support, production, sourcing and sales & marketing when developing new feed solutions. Furthermore you will be representing BioMar externally at conferences and seminars as well as when interacting with customers.
Together with the EMEA Technical Director, the Marine Product Manager and the Product Coordinator, you will form the team covering the EMEA region of our business. You will experience a high degree of cross functional cooperation with Technical Support and Sales teams and a common dedication to deliver the best performing feed solutions to the aquaculture.
Background within the aquaculture combined with a structured and collaborative profile
As a person you are result oriented, self-driven and has a structured approach that enables you to build and maintain a strong overview. With your communicative style you are successful in building good relations and collaborate easily with many different people. You are capable of working, thriving, and succeeding in a multicultural environment. Furthermore we expect you to:
- Hold a M.Sc. or PhD in a relevant area such as fish nutrition, marine biology, veterinary sciences, ichthyology or agronomy. Additionally knowledge in Marketing/Economics is an advantage.
- Bring 7-10 years of professional experience, where a majority of these are from the aquaculture or fish farming industry. Alternatively you have experience within animal nutrition or similar.
- Have experience with product development and portfolio management.
- Speak and write English fluently and has some proficiency in Danish. You might also master a third language.
The position is based at our office in Brande, East Jutland, Denmark. You should expect a travelling activity of up to 30-40 days per year, mainly in Europe.
If you find this opportunity interesting, please apply using the “Apply now” button below. We will be going through applications as they come in and hire, when we find the right candidate. We therefore encourage you to apply as fast as possible and no later than November 6th 2017.
For further information please contact:
Michel Autin (Technical Director), +33 607 108 060
Inge Fjord Gerdes (HR Manager), +45 23 72 19 68