Fish Farm Operations
Fish Farm Technicians serve as valued members of the VeroBlue Farms family. The role of the Fish Farm Technician is a progressive level position in the operations team, working passionately within the Fish Farm facilities. These individuals are responsible for using dedicated teamwork to complete all tasks required for a productive, fun, healthful, and efficient growth of finfish within the state-of-the-art VeroBlue Farms recirculation nursery and grow-out tank systems.
Fish Farm Technicians are encouraged to assist in fostering the VeroBlue Farms culture, which places emphasis on relationships, servant leadership, employee involvement, and strong communication.
- Make standardized observations such as length, weight, behavior, growth, survival, and or signs of parasites, diseases or pathogens.
- Collect and organize biological fish and water samples.
- Support aquaculture fish rearing activities including feeding, grading, sampling, harvesting, sorting, handling, and transporting fish. Monitor the status of facility systems and equipment. Assist in maintenance and cleaning of systems and tanks.
- Make regular facility inspections including, for example, pumps, motors, blowers, diffusers, drains, tanks, screens, filters, feeders, and related equipment. Monitor and maintain water quality levels. Record findings and adjustments made. Respond appropriately and immediately to emergencies
- Work within a team environment on all aspects of the operation of the aquaculture facility.
- Able to work extended hours/days on as-needed or scheduled basis.
- Manage fish health and welfare throughout all tasks.
- Adhere to the VeroBlue Farms operational procedures to include, Biosecurity, Safety, Quality and HACCP.
- Complete other similar and related tasks and duties as assigned.
Knowledge Required by the Position:
At the upper end of the position range, employees use knowledge of the basic principles and protocols of fish biology to make readings, measurements, and observations; execute tests; collect samples, etc. If equipment systems are operated, the employee has the knowledge to perform calibrations or adjustments to achieve desire results.
Additional Mandatory Requirements:
- compile and collect neat and accurate data
- email, MS Word, data entry
- oral communication skills
- written communication skills
- repair and maintain equipment
- pass drug screen and background check
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Bachelors Degree or equivalent preferred
2+ years of land based fish farm experience
Barramundi experience preferred
At the upper end of the range, candidates must have one year of experience or a course of study in scientific, technical, agriculture, or aquaculture arenas. An equivalent combination of experience and education is also qualifying.
- Position based out of Webster City, Iowa and surrounding areas.
- Set weekly work schedule, including rotating coverage for weekends.
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Identity theft protection
- Pet insurance
- Paid Time Off
VeroBlue Farms is always looking for passionate candidates to join our team. Feel free to apply to any of our other areas:
VeroBlue Farms is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected Veteran status. We appreciate your interest in VeroBlue Farms.
Please submit a resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Include the words Fish Farm Technician in the subject line of the email. No phone calls will be accepted.